Friday, December 26, 2008

Chill winter morning ride to Durgapur

We were stopped by the he mist. It was all over our body, our jackets, visibility become very poor due to heavy dance fog we encountered in our way to Durgapur. It was all of sudden after crossing the flyover before Shaktigarh. The fresh morning winter due start pinching through our pants and my tinted visor got filled of it, fill like rain in winter.

A month ago, one busy evening I was in my office and got a call from a fellow, who find my blog in the net and became interested in long rides with me. Initially I thought that he will be most like the other guy who just love to reach from point A to point B in stipulated time frame. But when I met him in his home town at Bandel, I came to know that he is the guy who loves to enjoy every part of the road and riding, including a non stop high speed ride or may be a slow group ride. A very good road sense, matured riding skills, sound knowledge & know how’s of bikes and mostly the shutter hungry nature just make me interested to ride a long with him, well meet my new friend RATHIN.

It was long since I didn’t find any time rather say scope to visit my favorite roads, the NH, Rathin kick my internal rider and just chock out a plan to visit Ramnabagan Reserve forest as our debut ride. As per the plan we met at Dhaniakhali Xing on the morning of 21.12.08, Sunday on NH2 and started our journey towards Durgapur. We reached Shaktigarh around 9:00 am and due to heavy fog we have to stop. We took our breakfast with hot Kochuri and langcha (Famous sweet dish). We came to road again around 9:30 and reached Galshi at 10:00.

There is a small reserve forest in between Bardhaman & Durgapur called Ramnabagan Reserve forest. Actually we found it in Google map, and as per the map we were just near the forest when we reached Galshi, but the map didn’t provide any clear route to enter in the forest. We talked to the local’s but they had no idea about the same. So, we change our mind and decided to visit Durgapur along with the dam on the river Damoder and reached Durgapur via Darjeeling More & Panagarh. From Durgapur Xing we took the route towards Bankura and the dam should be in between 6 kms. It took us barely 10 minutes to reach the dam. We spend some time taking our first joint photo session and a bit off roading to the local villages.

Coming back home we took our lunch at Hotel Gram Bangla at Panagarh and return via the same route. Around 4:30 PM we are again at Dhaniakhali and this is the time to say goodbye to Rathin and his falcon, OK, I forget to tell you about falcon. It is the nick name of Rathin’s 2005 LML Freedom bike. I must say that Rathin keep his bike in mint conditions and it allow you to rip her till the end of it’s last breath and easily manage a handsome 100 + speed over a good distance & time. Falcon proved his ridability and in a very pocket friendly manner.
Man & Machine:
Rathin - LML Freedom 125
Kaushik - Apache RTR 160

4 comments:

BlueFalcon said...

:) Thanks Kaushik, very nicely written, hope to make some more trips soon.

Darken Dust said...

I really envy u guyzzzzzzzzz

Arijit_09 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arijit_09 said...

Nice!!!
I am feeling excited...Can anyone provide the exact distance from Barddhaman Toll(Exp Way Toll) to Durgapur Dam.(Preferable in Km)